Anyone can Open a Roth IRA
Many life events can motivate someone to seek out financial help. Any time you feel confused, overwhelmed, unsure, or stressed about your financial situation, that may be a good time to search for financial advice. On the other hand, we also work with individuals who are financially secure but want to make certain they are on the right track.
More Than Just a Roth IRA
As financial advisors, we recognize everyone has different objectives and more importantly, a different beginning to their financial journey. These are just a few examples of some scenarios you may find yourself in:
• None of my savings are invested and I don’t know how to invest.
• We just had a child and want to be sure we have enough money to pay for their education and all their needs.
• I’m nearing retirement and want to take a close look at my expenses and make sure I’m saving enough money.
• We need help managing money as a newly married couple.
• I lost my spouse and need support with managing my money from now on.
• We’re a military family and want to have a plan for transitioning into the civilian workforce.
• I have a mortgage and ongoing expenses, but I want to travel and don’t know how to budget.
• I’ve heard about a Roth IRA but don’t know what it is or how to get started.
Just as Roth IRAs come in all shapes and sizes, we work with people from all walks of life to get and keep the life they want.
Each financial plan is customized to your unique situation.
As long as you have earned income, you can open and start contributing to a Roth IRA.
Your needs will continue to evolve throughout your life. There are other factors we keep in mind that can also affect your finances such as student debt, rising home prices, soaring rents, inflation, and so on. Whatever your current situation may be or what the changes in the market are, everyone needs to generate a long-term financial plan. To us, it’s important to be as invested in your goals as you are. This is all about YOU. What do YOU want to do with YOUR money?
What does a Roth IRA offer?
A Roth IRA offers tax deferral on any earnings in the account. Qualified withdrawals of earnings from the account are tax-free. Withdrawals of earnings prior to age 59 ½ or prior to the account being opened for 5 years, whichever is later, may result in a 10% IRS penalty tax. Limitations and restrictions may apply.